Mail Entries To
Youth Sheep/ Bradley Domkowski
585 Miner St.
Middletown, CT 06457
Youth Sheep Rules
• Accepted between September 1-October 1 or when pens are full
• Accepted only in classes listed and in order of arrival to penning capacity
• Entry fee of $1.00 per goat must be mailed with the entry form
1. Owners must be present when animals are being judged.
2. Animals may be brought in between 8:00-4:00 pm on Friday. All entries must remain in place until 6:00 pm on Sunday. Any animals removed before this time will result in the forfeit of all money awarded.
3. All exhibitors are held responsible for keeping barns and exhibit areas clean and neat at all times.
4. All Exhibitors are expected to wear proper show attire during shows.
5. Entries limited to 10 sheep per farm or family.
6. All entries must be submitted with proper health certificates as outlined by the State Department of Agriculture.
7. One entry per exhibitor in-group classes (Classes 15-20). Two entries per exhibitor in single classes (Classes 5-14).
8. Exhibitors must provide their own feed and hay; bedding will be provided.
9. Each recognized breed will show separately.
10. Wool Breeds of sheep must be shown with a minimum of 2 inches of fleece.
11. All entries will be inspected upon arrival; registration papers and health certificates will be checked at time of check-in. Acceptance or rejection of animals upon arrival will be left up to the discretion of the superintendents and or the health officials.
12. Any animals not properly cleaned or fitted for show will be rejected at the discretion of the superintendents.
13. Entries close October 1.
14. Entry Fee of $1.00 per animal.
Classes 5-19 Fitting & Showmanship Classes 1-4 &20
- 1st: $18.00 Rosettes
- 2nd: $16.00
- 3rd: $14.00
- 4th: $12.00
Animal Exhibit Forms
Class 2: Junior Fitting & Showmanship (11 and under)
Class 3: Intermediate Fitting & Showmanship (12-16)
Class 4: Senior Fitting & Showmanship (17-21)
Class 6: Pair of Ram Lambs
Reserve Champion Ram awarded to each breed rams
Class 7: Yearling Ram
Class 8: Pair of Yearling Rams
Class 10: Pair of Ewe Lambs
Reserve Champion Ewe awarded to each breed ewes
Class 12: Pair of Yearling Ewes Youth Reserve Grand Champion Sheep
Class 13: Aged Ewe Youth Best Fleece
Class 14: Pair of Aged Ewes
Class 16: Breeders Flock: (1 Ram any age, 2 Yearling Ewes, 2 Ewe Lambs, all bred and owned)
Class 17: Get of sire: 4 animals out of one sire (Ram and Ewes allowed)
Class 18: Market Lambs: (Class to be divided into 2 Classes by weight)
Class 19: Pair of Market Lambs