Mail Entries To
Breads and Pastries
• Entries must be the work of the exhibitor. No commercial mixes will be accepted.
• No premiums paid on items not listed.
• Limit is one entry per category. Please put name of article on the entry blank.
1. All bakery items must be on white paper or plastic plate, and must be covered with a clear Ziploc plastic bag.
A label with the name of the article must be included.
2. Entry forms must be received by mail, no later than Tuesday before the fair. Absolutely no entries will be accepted after that date. The committee will accept exhibits on Thursday, the day before the fair between 5:00-7:00 pm. No unregistered entries will be accepted.
3. Judging for the entire department will be on the Danish System (all exhibits judged on their own merits and not in
competition with other entries). Multiple awards can be given in a class. Judging will be on Friday.
4. Exhibits will be under observation at all times during the fair. Security guards will be on duty during the night, however
the Association is not responsible for anything damaged, lost or stolen.
5. Exhibits must be picked up on Sunday between 5:30-7:00 pm. No exhibits to be removed before
5:30 pm Sunday. Exhibits not picked up by 7:00 pm will be discarded. Any winnings will be donated back to the Portland Fair.
Prizes - Premiums & Ribbons
1st: $4.00 2nd: $3.00 3rd: $2.00
2. Chiffon Cake
3. Jelly Roll
4. Banana Cake
5. Molasses Cake
6. Applesauce Cake
7. Pound Cake
8. Chocolate (white icing)
9. Yellow Layer (chocolate icing)
10. Carrot Cake
12. Dietetic Apple
14. Pumpkin or Squash
17. Lemon Meringue
Candy (8 Pieces)
19. Walnut Penuche
20. Plain Fudge 21. Walnut Fudge
22. Peanut Butter Fudge
23. Peanut Brittle
Cookies (8 on a Plate)
28. Peanut Butter 29. Oatmeal
30. Toll House®
33. Sugar Free
35. Whole Wheat
37. Rye 38. Raisin
39. Plain Rolls (8)
40. Parker House Rolls (8)
41. Raised Coffee Cake
43. Date Nut
45. Banana 46. Pumpkin
48. Grape Nut
Muffins (3 Pieces)
51. Bran 52. Pineapple
54. Baking Powder Biscuit
5. Two-Crusted Apple Pie: (your own recipe)
56. Citrus Chiffon Cake with Citrus Glaze: Association Of CT Fairs Baking Contest
57. Maple-Raisin Oatmeal Bars: Association Of CT Fairs Junior Baking Contest